I was writing up school reports for my girls and really like one of the stories I always read and giggle about. here I was living my own craziness, and seeing the blessing and joy in it. This is my gift to share today.
I took Sarah with me to do a major grocery shop last week. I took all 3 girls actually, so that they could really get into the shop and understand the dynamics, lol. We had 2 carts, overflowing, tons of coupons, the store was about to close, and we had a set budget and to stick to the list. Sarah did an amazing job, and loved to help. She was not allowed to push the overflowing carts, but got things in great numbers (lol) off the shelves. She and Natalie were solely in charge of unloading the groceries from the carts while Ang bagged and organised the groceries into the cart, and I made sure that coupons were with appropriate products and things were rung through properly. We then needed to get it all into the van, and head to the next store before they closed! There was stuff on the seats, in the back, under seats, in the middle, on laps, you name it, we found a spot! as soon as the backopened, everything flew out into the snow! She had fun, and I think it was a great experience for her. I often will take one helper, but I really felt my girls were able to help on a larger scale level, without bickering and horsing around, not to mention, grocery shopping is getting to be too big a job for me alone. All the girls got so many compliments with their manners, training, and their helpfulness. WTG SARAH!!
No comments:
Post a Comment